Dr. Williams has worked with professional health programs since 1999. His goal is to provide the best possible support and assistance to veterinary professionals. He believes that the best approach involves honesty, kindness, and working together to face and handle problems directly. Dr. Williams has won the trust of Alabama physicians, veterinarians, regulatory boards, and others.
- Alabama Veterinary Medical Association & Alabama State Board of Veterinary Medical
Examiners; Wellness Committee - Member
- Focus on Recovery; President-2009
- Jefferson County Veterinary Medical Association; Adviser-2008
- Alabama Veterinary Medical Foundation - Vice President 2014
- Red Mountain Wellness and Restoration Foundation; Executive Director- 2011
Journals and Publications
- Alabama Veterinarian; Journey Towards Wellness (2003)
- Alabama Veterinarian; Serenity Is Better Than Sex (2009)
- Veterinary Practice News; Quoted in Article: A Culture of Denial (2008)
- Veterinary Practice News; Quoted in Article: Suicide Study Prompts Call to Action (2008)
- Journal of Medical Education - University of Toronto: Failure to Acknowledge High Suicide Risk among Veterinarians (2011)
- Presentation in Prague, Czech Republic a; Recognizing And Responding To Mental Health Problems In The Workplace.
- Unpublished Article: Veterinarians and Wellness: Physician, Heal Thyself!